Best served with grilled cheese sandwhich. I still have leftovers from yesterday so I might help me with a bowl.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups whole milk (I used 2 cups whole milk & 1 cup heavy cream)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper (you can add more to your serving if you like yours peppery)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florettes
- 1/2 pound processed cheese (I like Swiss or Grier)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the flour. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Mix in the chicken stock and milk, and season with salt and white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the broccoli in the boiling water, and cook 2 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Gradually mix the processed cheese and Cheddar cheese into the large pot until melted. Mix in the broccoli. Continue cooking about 5 minutes.